The Oregon Jewish Museum and Center for Holocaust Education explores the legacy of the Jewish experience in Oregon and teaches the universal lessons of the Holocaust. Through exhibitions, programs, educational resources, and opportunities for intercultural conversation, OJMCHE challenges our visitors to resist indifference and discrimination and to envision a just and inclusive world.
We are seeking a dynamic individual to work in Museum Guest Services each Saturday between noon and 5pm. Responsibilities include
• Welcoming and greeting museum visitors
• Collecting admission fees and providing tickets
• Directing people to exhibitions
• Sales activities in the Gift Shop
• Answering telephone
• Concierge activities: Providing information about the museum, neighborhood, transit, etc.
• Docent activities: providing specific information about the exhibitions – specialized training will be provided as exhibitions change
• Membership activities: Answering membership questions, welcoming and soliciting new members, providing the extra touch for members.
• Extending a positive image of the Museum
724 NW Davis Street