We are hiring for both full-time (30-40 hours per week) and part-time (26-29 hours per week) positions! When you apply via email, please indicate if you are interested in full-time, part-time, or either.
The Admissions Associates are responsible for providing exceptional customer service, cashiering, and general reception for the Garden. This position is great for someone who is looking for seasonal work and enjoys customer service. The Admissions Department is overseen by the Operations Manager of Admissions, who works closely with the Admissions Assistant Manager. The Admissions Associates reports to the Admissions Assistant Manager.
This position is available immediately and runs through the end of October.
COVID-19 VACCINATION POLICY: For the safety of our staff, volunteers, and guests, Portland Japanese Garden is requiring all staff and volunteers to be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus. Candidates must be fully vaccinated by their hire date. ‘Fully vaccinated’ means 2 shots of either the Moderna or Pfizer vaccine, or 1 shot of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine – plus 2 weeks after the final shot.
• Welcome visitors and process general admission transactions
• Adhere to all cash handling and credit card transaction procedures and policies
• Maintain a high level of accuracy when processing and handling the Garden’s assets
• Enforce Garden policies and etiquette
• Assist visitors with local area questions (e.g., parking, directions, bus schedule, restaurant suggestions)
• Perform light maintenance in and around Welcome Center and Staff areas (e.g., sweeping, washing windows, dusting)
• Serve as a positive ambassador for the Portland Japanese Garden
• Assist with event check-in as needed
• Provide customer service to Garden members as needed
• Other duties as assigned
• Familiarize oneself with the organization and the Employee Handbook
• Get to know fellow staff members, developing trust, establishing credibility, encouraging teamwork, and creating an atmosphere of open, honest, two-way communication
• Maintain a high level of professionalism in manner and appearance
• Adhere to Garden Dress Code and wear Garden uniform
• At least two years of customer service experience
• At least one year of cash handling and POS experience
• Must be available to work weekends and evenings as required
• Must be able to work in all types of weather conditions
• Must be able to remain in a stationary position and/or move about the Garden for several hours
• Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs.
COMPENSATION & SCHEDULE
• Wage: $14.50/hour to start, with an increase to $15.00/hour after successful completion of the 90-day introductory period
• The full-time position offers 30-40 hours per week, and the part-time position offers 26-29 hours per week. Shifts are typically 6-8 hours (plus ½ hour lunch), between the hours of 8:00 am and 7:30 pm, including weekends and occasional later evenings for events.
To apply, please email a resume, cover letter, and three work-related references to email@example.com, with “Seasonal Admissions Associate” in the subject line, and please indicate if you are interested in Full-Time or Part-Time. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please no phone calls or hand delivered applications. Applications accepted until the position is filled.
Portland Japanese Garden - 611 SW Kingston Ave