Oak Street Building Studio Ad
Studio space has opened up here at the Oak Street Building! This is a wonderful light-filled place to work. There are four other artists in this space – 1 guy, 3 girls. The studio is set up for jewelry, enameling and metalworking but can accommodate other small-scale occupations. We had a leather worker here for several years, also a photographer. I don’t think the space is a good fit for painting or large-scale sculpting.
* Lots of surface area for meeting and working with clients.
* High ceilings and big windows on two walls that open with views to the streets below and out over the rooftops. You’ll have a window in your area. Lots of natural light!
* Plenty of power outlets.
* Storage space is included: drawers, cabinets and shelves.
* Good quality jewelers bench included if you want one, or you’re welcome to bring your own bench/table/etc.
* Restroom and shower down the hall.
* Central location: across the street from Winks hardware, a good grocery store (Sheridan), office supply, good coffee and next door to a great pub (Produce Row). Everything needed is within walking distance. Solid neighborhood!
* One block from the bus stop and street car.
You’re welcome to modify your area to suit your needs.
There is a lot of shared equipment (rolling mill, torches, pickle, tumbler, ultrasonic, buffing equipment, big 12′ oak table, jump shear, crucibles for cuttlefish casting, anvil, sink with hot/cold water, clean microwave, etc).
* No deposit.
* Easy month to month rental agreement.
* All of the utilities are covered with the rent (water, electricity, garbage, gas for soldering, etc).
* 24/7/365 access
* Secured entry keypad and cameras.
* Deadbolt on studio door.
* Friendly onsite managers.
* Strong building community
As for the rest of the building: the people who work here love it, it’s an inspiring place to be. Collaborations are common. There are many different studios from dance to architectural design to painting.
To see more pics, check out the Craigslist ad:
I’m sure there’s a lot I didn’t cover, call or text with any questions about the space, the shared equipment, or about us. Or come check it out!
* This is not a live/work situation.
* No smoking in the studio please, but you’re welcome to use the nearby fire escape or the porch.
Thanks for looking!
SE 3rd and Oak 97214