The Tour Scheduling Coordinator arranges and schedules school and adult group tours. The role is an excellent communicator and builds relationships with teachers, docents, and external groups. The role also provides administrative support for tour, educator, and docent programs. This position works under the direction of the Manager of School & Educator Programs, and collaborates with the Manager of Docent & Access Programs.
The Portland Art Museum (PAM) strives to be an inclusive institution that facilitates respectful dialogue, debate, and the free exchange of ideas. With a deep commitment to artists – past and present – and freedom of expression, the Museum and Northwest Film Center’s collections, programs and staff aspire to reveal the beauty and complexities of the world, and create a deeper understanding of our shared humanity. We are a Museum for all, inviting everyone to connect with art through their own experiences, voices, and personal journeys. The Northwest Film Center (NWFC), a sister organization to the Museum, is a regional media arts resource and service organization founded to encourage the study, appreciation, and utilization of the moving image arts, foster their artistic and professional excellence, and to help create a climate in which they may flourish. PAM and the NWFC are committed to advancing equity and inclusion by creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. We will continue learning as we work to evolve as an Institution, recognizing that this journey has no end and our commitment must remain. We have an active equity team currently engaged in a journey to examine our internal culture and the work we do through an equity lens. We look forward to having all colleagues join and contribute to this important work. Learn more at https://portlandartmuseum.org/about/mission/.
PAM and the NWFC are equal opportunity employers, committed to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including age, sex, color, race, creed, national origin, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political belief, disability or any other legally protected status. We are committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, PAM and the NWFC will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the application, interview, and hiring process. Alternative formats of this application are available upon request. If reasonable accommodation or an alternative form of this application are needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or 503.276.4358.
• Coordinate the school tour reservation process by: 1. overseeing the online system, approving tour requests, and contacting teachers for further information; 2. responding to emails and phone calls from teachers related to scheduling school tours.
• Coordinate the organization, reservation, and sale of private adult group tours.
• Create and distribute the weekly tour calendar, and communicate with front desk staff and security.
• Attend monthly tour scheduling meetings to maintain communication with volunteer docents.
• Promote equity and inclusion goals and support the work.
• Program public and school tours into the online reservation system periodically.
• Work with the Marketing department and the Reservation System developers to define, implement, and test system upgrades.
• Provide administrative support to Educator, Docent, and other programs, as needed.
• One to two years’ experience in administrative type role or equivalent experience relevant to the job.
• Exceptional accuracy and attention to detail.
• Strong computer skills.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Must possess excellent interpersonal communication skills along with a positive outlook and people-first mind set.
• Capacity to exercise initiative and good judgment at all times.
• Promote equity and inclusion goals.
• Consistent weekday schedule and reliability with occasional evening and weekend hours.
• Prior experience working with diverse populations.
This position is full-time working 35-40 hours per week. Compensation is budgeted at $17.00 per hour. The position is eligible for the Museum’s benefits package first of the month following 30-days of full-time employment. Benefits include medical and dental, paid time off (vacation, sick, holiday, jury duty, bereavement), long-term disability and AD&D, and a variety of perks such as free Museum admission, Gift Shop discounts, and screenings at the NW Film Center. Please see our website for more details.
To apply online visit: www.portlandartmuseum.org/careers follow the link to create a profile. Resumes received without completed employment application will not be considered. Please no drop ins. For questions or accommodation please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Portland Art Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Closing Date: Friday, July 27, 2018 at 5 PM PST
Portland Art Museum