Fulltime, $65,000-85,000 Annual Salary
At will employment, exempt
Two weeks PTO annually, Professional Development Allowance, Remote Work Allowance, Health coverage negotiable, mileage reimbursement.
Hybrid operations, work-life balance.
This position reports directly to the Board of Directors.
Tualatin Valley Creates (TVC) is the leading arts service organization for Washington County, Oregon. TVC provides programs and advocacy for both the public and private sectors, including professional development workshops for individual artists, public art management contracts to developers and municipalities, a bi-annual Leadership Incubator, and works with partners across the state on advocating for more arts access and sustainable funding. TVC’s Executive Director oversees all staff, contractors, and fiscally-sponsored projects. The Executive Director is responsible for keeping the team(s) engaged and productive, guiding outreach objectives, being a liaison to regional Boards and Commissions for updating the community on industry trends, and managing the basic administrative tasks.
1. Proven history of fundraising procurement and sponsor relations.
2. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including being a public representative of the organization.
3. Excellent computer proficiency, including online navigation. (Microsoft Suite, Salesforce, Chrome, Google Workspace)
4. Excellent attention to detail and accuracy for file-keeping (digital and paper) and CRM.
5. Excellent time management, and ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
6. Management of contracts, budgets, and project timelines.
7. Ability to oversee contractors, staff, and volunteers.
PREFERED, BUT NOT REQUIRED SKILLS
1. Familiarity with the Washington County, Oregon arts and culture organizations and/or working in an urban/rural region.
2. Graphic design skills, including working with Adobe Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Acrobat), and Canva.
3. Basic knowledge of website and social media platforms, including WordPress, Google Analytics, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
4. Outdoor event management, logistics and special permits.
5. Public Art management, including running steering committees
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
DEVELOPMENT (30% time)
• Grow and maintain donors and sponsorships (increase by 5-15% annually).
• Establish continuity for earned income (program fees, Directory, administration contracting).
• Plan individual-giving fundraising/friendraising campaigns.
• Execute stewardship in a timely manner on all fundraising initiatives.
GENERAL ADMINISTRATION (20% time)
• Expand regional awareness of TVC’s advocacy efforts and program assets, including providing presentations on economic impact of arts in region.
• Fulfil the goals and objectives of the 2023-26 Strategic Plan.
• Financial management for programing, promotion, and project budget(s).
• Facilitate Board meetings and subcommittee meetings.
• Oversee bookkeeper, payroll, and accounts receivable/payable.
PROJECT & PROGRAM OVERSIGHT (20% time)
• Work with Program Manager to plan 10 Professional Development Workshops and 10 Networking Events annually, and the biennium Incubator Leadership program.
• (Ideal skill, but can be fulfilled by a contractor) Perform as Lead Coordinator for La Strad dei Pastelli Chalk Art Festival, including fundraising, submitting permits, facilitating team planning meetings.
• (Ideal skill, but can be fulfilled by a contractor) Oversee public art contract services
COMMUNICATIONS and Outreach (30% time)
• Oversee annual marketing plan development and keep staff on budget.
• Work with Marketing staff/contractors to keep Communication Hub fresh and relevant.
• Capture and forward relevant content (stories, call for artists, funding opportunities, more) to communications staff.
• Refresh and update website content, events and images as needed.
• Monitor user interface and functionality.
Interested candidates should send the following materials as one complete .pdf file, titled as “Fist initial Last name_ED Application mm-dd-yyyy.pdf”. Example “RRoushan_ED Application 11-13-2023.pdf”, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Cover letter sharing your background and interest in the roll.
2. Resume, including three professional references.
3. Writing example (required): Copy of a recent press release and/or grant application or report.
4. Graphic design example (optional): A recent promotional piece or graphic design concept.
Check the TVC Resources page job post for any updates before submitting you application: https://tvcreates.org/tvc-seeking-ed2023/
INTERVIEW and HIRING PROCESS
• Position will be held open until filled.
• Accepting applications now.
• First round of interviews (virtual) will begin December 4, 2023. Interviewers will include the current Executive Director and Board members. Candidate(s) who continue in the process will be asked to create a press release based on TVC’s 2023-26 Strategic Plan as a writing example and to prepare for the roll. Candidates will be compensated $50.00 for this labor request.
• Second round of interviews (prefer in-person) will be held December 14-15, 2023. This will include the current Executive Director, Board members and community stakeholders.
• Intent to hire the new Executive Director as soon as possible.