VSO Office Assistant
The Vancouver Symphony Orchestra
Vancouver, WA 98660
About the VSO
The VSO, now in its 44th season, has been a cornerstone of Southwest Washington’s arts community providing symphonic music of the highest caliber in live performances and through music education in schools, concert halls, and throughout the community.
Full Job Description
The Vancouver Symphony Orchestra (VSO) is seeking an energetic, technologically adept Office Assistant for a 40 hour per week position. This position will support the CEO and office team.
This person will be responsible for maintaining and organizing the office. The ideal candidate must have exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills; have a strong attention to detail, the ability to manage multiple tasks at once, excellent computer skills, and strong initiative.
General Responsibilities (including but not limited to)
Perform a wide range of administrative and office support activities to support the efficient operation of the organization.
• Answer phone calls and manage them appropriately
• General clerical duties, including:
o Managing all in and out coming mail
o Managing general VSO email inboxes
o Maintaining and organizing supply inventory
• Board Liaison
o Send board meeting and committee calendar invites
o Meal coordination for full board meetings
o Assist with all board communications
o Keep board files up to date
o Assist with on-boarding and fiscal year changes
• Data entry which includes processing of donations and ticket orders
• Manage staff calendar and work with the VSO Team to coordinate meetings & appointments
• Maintain paper and digital filing systems
• Keeping all accounts up to date with payment and information
• Music library assistance and maintain library system
• Prepare and modify documents including correspondence, donor acknowledgement letters, reports, auction requests, memos and emails
• Assist at all VSO events as needed
• Must have a vehicle and valid Driver’s License
• Additional tasks as needed
• High school education (or equivalent) required
• U.S. work authorization required
• At least one year of experience working in a professional office (or comparable)
• Experience in working for an arts organization preferred
• Self-starter who works well independently
• Familiarity with data entry/ticket sales preferred
• Familiarity with common office equipment (printers, copier, fax)
• Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel)
• Excellent customer service and communications skills
• Able to solve problems independently
• Professional demeanor
• The ability to lift between 25-50 pounds
• Full time, non-exempt
• $16 an hour
• Benefits and PTO
Please send cover letter, resume, names/contact info of three references to: email@example.com.
Please indicate “VSO Office Assistant” in the subject line. No phone calls please.
The VSO is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values a diverse and inclusive workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.