The Citizens Oversight Committee is dedicated to supporting arts teachers and arts organizations throughout Portland and they need new members from every area of the city!
The purpose of the Citizens Oversight Committee:
- Review the disbursements and outcomes of the Arts Education & Access Fund
- Oversee measures of effectiveness of the funding
- Annually report findings to Portland City Council
The Citizens Oversight Committee members are appointed to two-year terms by the City of Portland. The Committee meets on a monthly healthcarewell pharmacy basis.
The Citizens Oversight Committee is composed of people of diverse interests, skills, backgrounds, and talents. We’re looking for candidates who have:
- An interest in art, music, or dance (helpful, but not required)
- Observation and analysis skills
- Financial analysis skills (helpful, but not required)
- An interest in being actively engaged in their school and community organizations
Contact Craig Gibons, Committee Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.