POSTED ON June 23, 2017:
RACC’s Search Committee spent the past month building internal alignment around the job description and recruiting process, so that we know what type of leader we want for RACC, and so that we can provide our recruiting firm with clear guidance.
We expect to have a job description published by mid-July. The Search Committee will publish details of the applicant review process, including further opportunities for public input by the time the job is published. Here is a highlight of recent activities:
- On June 19, the committee held an offsite around equity/inclusion/diversity topics. The offsite was facilitated by Judith Mowry of the City of Portland Office of Equity and Human Rights (OEHR).
- On June 15, Jenny M. Chu was added to the committee.
- On June 3, committee members and RACC staff met with representatives of Art Workers for Equity (AWE) to listen to their concerns and suggestions.
- On May 31, the committee received a letter from the leaders of 24 arts organizations asking for increased opportunities for input throughout the process.
- On May 24, the RACC Board approved an updated charter for the Search Committee, establishing Steve Rosenbaum as chair and formally tasking the committee to bring back one or more candidates to the board for approval while keeping the Board and community updated along the way.
The updated committee roster is now as follows:
- Steve Rosenbaum (chair)
- Jenny M. Chu
- Pollyanne Birge
- Verlea Briggs
- Phillip Hillaire
- Linda McGeady
- Carole Morse
- Jan Robertson
- Anita Yap
- Jamie Dunphy (ex officio, non-voting)
- Mike Golub (ex officio, voting)
Members of the public are encouraged to email the committee (EDsearch@racc.org) with any thoughts, suggestions or feedback.