(Posted October 2, 2017)
In September, RACC retained Koya Leadership Partners as its exclusive search firm for RACC’s executive director position.
The first step in Koya’s search process includes meeting with a wide range of stakeholders relevant to the position to help inform the job profile.
On Sept. 27 – 29th, Koya search consultants Michelle Bonoan and Shelia Hennessey visited Portland and held stakeholder meetings, including:
- RACC Staff
- RACC Search Committee
- RACC Board Chair
- RACC Board of Directors
- Community Panel #1: an artist and community activist
- Community Panel #2: Representatives from Literary Arts, IPRC, Clackamas County Arts Alliance, and an advocate for artists with disabilities
- Community Panel #3: Representatives from Oregon Symphony, Portland Opera, PICA, Portland Center Stage, Chamber Music Northwest, White Bird, Artists Repertory Theatre
- Community Panel #4: Arts Workers for Equity
- Portland City Commissioners Chloe Eudaly and Nick Fish
The search consultants also had dinners with search committee members and attended performances of An Octoroon at ART and Fun Home at The Armory.
We expect to have an updated timeline soon. We currently forecast that the job will be open for applications sometime later in October, and that the new ED will start the position in March or April of 2018.