RACC is hosting a series of community events. These are opportunities to ask questions about the recent announcement from the City of Portland about the proposal to not renew RACC’s contract, and to learn how community members can support RACC at this time.
Volunteers will be helping with set up/take down, organizing outreach materials, helping with food prep, speaking to community members and encouraging them to ask questions or make comments.
- Status: Event Volunteer
- Dates: September 25th, September 28th, October 5th, October 17th
- All events: 5pm-8:30pm
- Monday, September 25, at Lakewood Center for the Arts, 368 S State St, Lake Oswego, OR 97034 in Clackamas County
- Friday, September 29, SE Portland at Shaking the Tree Theatre, 823 SE Grant St, Portland, OR 97214
- Thursday, October 5, at the Walters Cultural Center, 527 E Main Street, Hillsboro, OR 97123 in Washington County
- Tuesday October 17, at the Wade Creek Park Community Building, 915 NW Wade St. Estacada Oregon, 97023 in partnership with the Estacada Area Arts Commission, in Clackamas County.
- Department Lead | Supervisory: Mario, Manager of Advocacy and Engagement, and Chanda, Arts Education Program Manager
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Be willing to learn about RACC, our core values, history, and programs
- Attend virtual RACC volunteer orientation and training
- Assist with setting up/tidying the space for the event
- Speak to community members and encourage them to ask questions
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Positive energy and people skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Ability to stand or sit for up to 3 ½ hours
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse people
- An interest in the arts, culture, arts funding, community engagement, arts & culture advocacy, or arts organizations
- Be able to help lift some equipment, up to 50 lbs with assistance
Time Commitment Needed
- 1 ½ hour training and orientation
- Minimum of 3 ½ hours at one of the events
- No maximum commitment; time slots available for all 3 events
- Training and orientation will be provided prior to the event
- Volunteer Handbook for resources and information
- Snacks, tea, and coffee will be provided
- Travel reimbursement with receipts
- Team members from RACC will be available to offer insight and support
- These are fairly informal events.
- Masks may be worn, but are not required.
- Please reach out with any concerns or questions.
Please fill in the intake form. Please state the role as: “Event Volunteer – RACC Community Engagements” Spaces are limited.